Reasons Why Cammodels May Use PdaNet+ Foxfi
- If you're into Travel Camming. Sometimes finding reliable internet can be a challenge for cammodels on the go.
- It can be a splitcamming solution for those who do have internet with a steady stream but not much bandwidth. Use your computer and your routine internet for live steaming to your primary camsite, then use a second computer or tablet for skype shows via Pdanet.
If you do not purchase the activation key you will be asked to restart the application every 5gb. When you have the activation key and unlimited data on your phone you can use it continuously without interruption. There's also a feature in the application that you MUST select to hide tethering from your phone provider. If this is not selected they may catch on that you're using so much data and begin to throttle your services. At that point you won't be able to use this method to it's full potential.
Here are a few additional points I wanted to make about using this software:
- My upload speed when using my phone as a hotspot falls between 2.5 and 3.1 mbps.
- I've used this for both skype and camshows with Discord. I've even tested this out on a few camsites: cams, mfc and streamate with obs.
- If you are live streaming you will NOT be able to surf the web or have a ton of applications running in the background. This is not a method best used for multitasking.
- This does not use the hotspot data on your phone plan. Using this you'll be able to preserve your hotspot data while streaming with your regular 4g LTE data.
- This works best if you have one of the following phone carriers: Metropcs, T-Mobile, Boost and Verizon.
Android Users Can Find Information HERE
If you need help getting this setup watch this very simple video walking you through the process: